Re: Listener Question

From: Cameron Hutchison <camh_at_zip.com.au>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 11:39:30 +1000

On Wed, 01 May 2002 22:19:04 +1000, Igor Laletin wrote:

> "Howard J. Rogers" <dba_at_hjrdba.com> wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>

>> First, there's absolutely no reason to have a SID_LIST in any 8.1
>> listener.ora file.

> Maybe two. First, you still need SID_LIST for pre-8i instances in 8.1
> listener.ora if the listener serves them. Second, if you use OEM -
> intelligent agent needs this info to discover instances.

A third reason is that if you restart the listener, then it does not know about the already running instances. Only if you start an instance after the listener does the listener automatically find out about it.

This is only in my experience. I'd love to be told I'm wrong and given a method to work around this.

CHeers Received on Wed May 01 2002 - 20:39:30 CDT