How do I delete a data file from a tablespace but still keep its data into other data files of this tablespace?

From: Liu, Wallace <LiuW_at_Sydney.BTAP.BT.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 11:03:53 +1000

Dear Oracle gurus,

I am going to rearrange my Oracle database. My Oracle database runs in NOARCHIVE mode. I want to delete one data file from one tablespace. The tablespace is only 30% full. How do I remove one data file but keep the data(if any stored in this data file) to other part of the tablespace?

Cheers

Wallace Liu (wallace.liu_at_ap.att.com) Received on Wed May 01 2002 - 20:03:53 CDT