Re: Help!! Oracle Application Crash

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 23:39:46 GMT

Unknown wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have, rather "HAD" an Oracle Database v. 7.3 running on NT crash.
>
> The good news is, the database instances were on D drive.
>
> I re-installed Oracle back to C drive, but do not know how to create a
> new instance, and point Oracle to the still intact database files on D
> drive.
>
> I have a backup of the init<SID>.ora file, as well as the control files,
> but do not know how use these to recover the database.
>
> Please help this newbie, cause all of my PL/SQL code in stored in the
> DB.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Sincerely,
> Christopher C. Keeler

The best help I can give you is to NEVER store all of your PL/SQL code in any one place. Doing so stands on a fine line between masochistic and suicidal.

Have you tried starting the listener?

c:\oracle\ora81\bin>lsnrctl start

Does it start?

c:\oracle\ora81\bin>lsnrctl status

Can you get into server manager?

c:\oracle\ora81\bin>svrmgrl

Can you connect?

SVRMGR> connect internal

Can you run a simple SQL statement?

SVRMGR> select count(*) from tab$;

If you get any errors report back the full error text not just the number.

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed May 01 2002 - 18:39:46 CDT