Re: Interesting OEM issue

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 23:31:39 GMT

Jared wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> I am running OEM 9.0.1.0.0 on a Linux box. It appeared to install
> properly. When I run it standalone it works fine; when I sign on to
> the repository (9.0.1, on the same machine) I created and try to
> access a database I get an ORA 12645.
>
> I have compared sqlnet.ora files between the console box and an
> instance I manually configured (and can manage when I start the
> console standalone), and they are identical. This is weird. Has
> anyone seen this and if so, what was the problem (and fix)?
>
> TIA -
>
> Regards,
> jh

It would have been helpful if you had posted the entire error message as ORA-12645 can come with different text. But likely it is due to parameters that can/must be different between the client and the server.

For example:

On the server side, these paramters have to be added.

  To enable ASO Encryption

  sqlnet.encryption_server
  sqlnet.encryption_types_server

  To enable ASO Checksum

  sqlnet.crypto_checksum_server
  sqlnet.crypto_checksum_types_server

  Explanation

  When trying to enable e3ncryption the above paramters are set programatically according
  to the design requirements. But they are not present in sqlnet.ora file on server by default.
  They have to be added before the code tries to set the values for them.

If this doesn't do it ... you need to post the entire error message along with a copy of the SQLNET.ORA.

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed May 01 2002 - 18:31:39 CDT