Re: MS SQLServer to Oracle data migration - info needed

From: Tarik <tarik_sadat_at_amat.com>
Date: 1 May 2002 06:25:51 -0700

Niall

Sorry I didn't make it clear: I was assuming that the tables had already been designed and defined in the Oracle database, and so all you have to do is to attach the tables to the Access database from both the Oracle and SQL Server databases. The point being that Access doesn't have to do anything other than run the query.

You're absolutely right you wouldn't want to extract the data into Access first and then try and create them in Oracle from Access - a bit akin to the old joke about gyneacology!

I use this technique a lot, when, believe it or not, I have to move data out of an HP IMAGE database into an Oracle database - fortunately I don't have to do this the other way around!

Tarik Received on Wed May 01 2002 - 08:25:51 CDT