Re: MS SQLServer to Oracle data migration - info needed

From: Steve Johnson <johnst_at_ncs.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 07:59:44 -0500

You also might look into Oracle's Heterogeneous Services. This lets a Oracle database create DB links to other databases.

The catch is that you'd have to have a SQL Server ODBC driver. If your Oracle database is on Unix you're not going to find a free ODBC driver for SQL Server. There might also be some conversion problems with some datatypes and 70 Gig is a lot of data to be moving through ODBC.

Steve...