Re: Can I do a join as part of an Update

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 30 Apr 2002 21:53:51 -0700

In article <srrucustje3p10s6sttbv0dfuoho9vsjra_at_4ax.com>, Sybrand says...

>On 30 Apr 2002 18:03:02 -0700, Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_oracle.com> wrote:
>
>>Hey -- I go all of the way back to 7.1.6 ;)
>>
>>cannot get 7.0 to go anymore on my sparc box, too old.
>>

>AAAARGGGH, you remind me. There is that little 7.1 database on *(Open)
>VMS* used by the Government's Lottery, that needs to be supported too.
>I'm the only one in the group with VMS knowledge, though I
>(regrettably) stopped using it 8 years ago. I seem to be trying to
>avoid that database like hell, as the O/S people don't seem to do
>anything about it and obviously any changes might have major final
>consequences for many parties, including the government. Customers
>office seems to be very luxurious though, so maybe we should talk them
>into an upgrade. Does Oracle have any plans to discontinue VMS
>support?

Not that I've heard of but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened. There are so few people that still use it (unfortunately) that at some stage it must become too expensive to continue to support it.

However, if it's the government lottery system you might want to consider supporting it more to see if you can win something out of it! ;)
>Regards
>

>Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
>
>To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Tue Apr 30 2002 - 23:53:51 CDT