Re: OCP DBA: Oracle 8i or 9i?

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 30 Apr 2002 21:50:11 -0700

In article <2260ef4f.0204301423.17b59b03_at_posting.google.com>, mastiamoscherzando_at_yahoo.com says...

>Thanks everybody for your input. I'm going for the 9i certification
>:-)
>
>Now, I read that 8i's first exam on SQL and PL/SQL can replace the
>first exam in the 9i certification. Has anybody done that? Do you know
>if Oracle has a number that I can call so that I may double-check
>this?
>
>Thanks.

Try checking the certification site:

http://www.oracle.com/education/certification/index.html

And if you can't find the answer there send me an email and I'll follow it up further internally to find the right contact for you.

>"Trifon Anguelov" <trifona_at_pacbell.net> wrote in message
>> Nice Oracle OCP poll is going on at:
>> http://www.dbaclick.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?s=3cce524070beffff;act=ST;
>> f=5;t=96
>>
>> Hope might help someone make an decision,
>>
>> Trifon Anguelov
>> Senior Oracle DBA
>>
>> http://www.dbaclick.com

>> "Mike Jay" <mikejay_at_mitre.org> wrote in message
>> > When faced with the same choice, I decided to get both.
>> >
>> > Technet shows the Core 8i track:
>> >
>> > http://www.oracle.com/education/certification/index.html?dba8i_core.html
>> >
>> > and the 9i Upgrade track:
>> >

>> http://www.oracle.com/education/certification/index.html?dba9i_upgrade.html
>> >
>> > After completing the 8i exams, there is one 9i upgrade test.
>> >
>> > This option interests me because the installed base will likely have 8i
>> for a while and I think this process will show me what's really new about
>> the 9i version.
>> >
>> > My view on OCP is that I'm getting a tie breaker, perhaps more, but I am
>> depending on my experience.
>> >
>> > Good luck.

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Tue Apr 30 2002 - 23:50:11 CDT