Re: Listener Question

From: stinky <stankonia_at_stunkitystunk.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 23:26:58 -0400

Here's my LISTENER.ORA:

LISTENER =
  (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
    (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = my.ip.add.ress)(PORT = 1521))
      )

(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC)) )

    )
  )

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
(ORACLE_HOME = /u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7)
(PROGRAM = extproc)

    )
    (SID_DESC =
(GLOBAL_DBNAME = stinky817.world)
(ORACLE_HOME = /u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7)
(SID_NAME = stinky817)

    )
  )

SQLNET.ORA NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES) TNSNAMES.ORA (same in both cases....extraneous stuff excised)

STINKY817 =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
     (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = my.ip.add.ress)(PORT = 1521))     )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
   (SERVICE_NAME = stinky817.world)
    )
  )

Thanks!

P.S. I noticed in my $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin directory the following files:

listener02042811PM4228.bak
sqlnet02042811PM4228.bak
tnsnames02042811PM4228.bak

There are several others. Are these files written there because I connected to the database remotely from work? If so, is there anyway I can route these to a different directory?