Listener Question

From: stinky <stankonia_at_stunkitystunk.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 20:48:07 -0400

I have Oracle Enterprise Edition installed on a PC at home. I run the listener and am able to connect from work. Well, that is....I can connect from work when I'm on a unix box. When I try to connect from the Windows environment (2000), it doesn't work....even though the TNSNAMES.ORA file is the same in both cases.

I'm getting a ORA-12514 (Listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME), which I know can't be right since I'm able to connect from the unix box.  Obviously, my LISTENER.ORA file is set up correctly at home. I

Why do you think I'm unable to connect from the Windows environment? Do you think it's a difference between the IP stacks?

By the way, my company has both my Windows PC and Unix box under 172.16.x.x addresses. Received on Tue Apr 30 2002 - 19:48:07 CDT