Re: Patch #2189751 (8.1.7.3) questions

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_nospam.yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 19:02:27 GMT

Thanks guys...

Trifon, the registry settings you described were set correctly in the first place, but this is/was a bug in 8.1.7.3, in that it still did not shut down "gracefully" when the OS shut down if the database(s) were still up at the time. This patch fixed that, I verified that as soon as I finished installing it.

However I did manage to hunt down a few more articles on metalink regarding the patch set, in 8.1.7 and 9i you HAVE to set the "hidden" parameter _system_trigs_enabled = false before you do anything to the data dictionary, or run any scripts as sys or internal. The document 120607.1 describes it fairly well.