Re: Getting Oracle 8i to see the data on a second drive.......

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 19:02:04 +0200

Actually Nuno Souto hit the nail, when he replied he could hear me breathing when I typed this reply. I tried to hide my astonishement and exasperation in a joke, but the advice was adequate. Why did I make the joke, and why was I astonished? It doesn't occur too often in this group that people are unacquainted with both Oracle and the O/S they have Oracle running on. It does occur too often that people request to abstract complete manuals for them. I could have replied with a complete tutorial, but then this is a volunteer business outside offices hours. I could have replied with a famous F(our)L(etter)Acronym, but I didn't want to be unkind. Usually I am, I really had to keep myself in control when typing the reply. But, as I said, I didn't want to be unkind, so I supplied you with some adequate pointers. Given your reply, I will probably not do that a second time, which will result in subsequent posts of you and others to remain unresponded, as very few people seem to bother to reply to complete newbies.

Regards

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA