Re: TOP N syntax in Oracle 9i.

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 08:50:01 +0100

I see you have found an answer now. I could also point you at http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/top_sql.html where you will find that rank does in fact do exactly what you want (provided you formulate the query correctly). I believe that Tom Kyte also presents evidence that the analytic functions outperform the traditional sql approach for problems of this nature.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA