Re: Which one is better? Oracel 9i or DB2 7.2??

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 20:56:36 +1000

In article <3CCD6A14.6090206_at_netcape.net>, you said (and I quote):
> I'm comparing these two brand database server for our new trading system.
> I know that both of them are famous and occupied large market share. But
> can some tell me, or has link to the research document which can compare
> these two products objectively.

Well, it's actually written Oracle 9i, not Oracel 9i. There is a difference.

Also, it's UDB 7.2, not DB2. According to IBM.

And if you think that asking a question like that will help you make a decision, may I suggest IT-101 as your next port of call? :-)

Seriously: get some really good techos to help you with your trading system and implement it on whatever their recommendation ends up being. And make sure that you see proof of delivery.

If all that is too hard, then just buy a trading system off the shelf and use whatever the maker recommends. Just remember: cheap does NOT necessarily equate to better.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto