Re: alter table move

From: Martin Haltmayer <Martin.Haltmayer_at_d2mail.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 17:23:54 +0200

1.2 GB is not that much. If you estimate your subsystem IO speed with 10 MB/s read and 2 MB/s write performance you should be able to finish within 615 s or about 11 min.

Please consider the following:

  1. You cannot "online" move a heap-organized table in 8.1.x, only an IOT. You will receive "ORA-25148: ONLINE option not permitted".
  2. You should avoid nologging because either it is an important table so you cannot afford loosing it (you may not be able to recover this table after a restore after a media failure) or it is not important - so why move it?
  3. After your move of a heap-organized table you must rebuild your indexes. Calculate this time!

Martin