Re: Windows of Unix

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 05:16:59 +1000

vi???????????????????

Phragggh!

I make my students use emacs, and to hell with their moans and groans!

(Actually, I use pico, which is notepad enough for me to cope. Windows-aware students can do likewise if so inclined.)

I confess that once, when training at a remote outpost with no access to pico, I was reduced to ftp'ing the init.ora across to the Windows PC, editing it in notepad, and ftp'ing it back again. It was a humiliating experience, but effective!

Regards