Re: Oracle OO

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:28:25 GMT

JK wrote:

> Just a question to the Oracle People out there.
> Has anyone actually come across a fully fledged Oracle Object Orientatned DB
> that works well in production with lots of data.
>
> Cheers Jim

I haven't. But then I haven't found very many people that have used any of the object oriented features available because of both the concept and the syntax.

If these features were used, and confered advantages, we would see them promoted in marketing materials. Right now the worst performing part of the database market is the segment for object oriented databases.

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Apr 29 2002 - 12:28:25 CDT