Re: Oracle 8i (8.1.7) Multi-Master Replication

From: Frank <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:31:21 +0200

Eldad wrote:

> Heungsoon Yang wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>> I am configuring and testing oracle multi-master asynchronous
>> replication.
>> What I am wondering is about simulating synchronous replication by
>> manipulating delay_seconds. I setup as manual but it doesn't work...
>>
>> Does anyone have actual experience on that?
>>
>> My configuration is
>>
>> job_queue_interval = 10
>>
>> DBMS_DEFER_SYS.SCHEDULE_PUSH(
>> destination=>'PDS3',
>> next_date=>sysdate + 1/1440,
>> interval=>'sysdate + 1/(60*24)',
>> stop_on_error=>false,
>> delay_seconds=>120,
>> parallelism=>2
>> );
>>
>> Thanks in advances...
>

> Did you set init.ora job processes to be at least 1 ?

AFAIK, interval and next_date are mutually exclusive. Apart from that, you schedule every minute, with a 2 minute delay. That is OK, but maybe overdone - your queues might get clogged.

Have you tried a manual push? Just call the push procedure from the sql-prompt? Received on Mon Apr 29 2002 - 05:31:21 CDT