Re: Remote connection in SQLplus: ORA-06401: NETCMN....

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:58:17 +1000

I can only go on what information you provide. Where in your original post did it say that you are attempting to do this with minimal privileges on the other machines?

OK. Easy to re-write, too.

  1. Get the system administrator to install the Oracle Client
  2. Get the system administrator to copy tnsnames.ora onto his or her other machines.

(http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle9i/doc_library/901_doc/network.90