Re: Database point-in-time recovery: no errors during recobvery and no changes visible

From: Sergey Adamenko <adamenko_at_i.com.ua>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 01:15:41 +0300

I want to thank all of you for answering to my message. Now I understand that I need a database backup previously taken to use DSPITR later on it.
Before writing the fist message I took a look at "Oracle8i Backup and Recovery Guide". The last chapter "Performing Operating System Tablespace Point-in-Time Recovery" describes rather sophisticated steps and requirements for TSPITR (sophisticated for me, because I'm rather new to physical backup technique in Oracle). And very little information on DSPITR. The way I was thinking is as follows: if archived logs have all the information about the changes to DB, so these changes could be rolled back and forward. Now I see, the changes can be only rolled forward.

Best regards,
Sergey Adamenko Received on Sun Apr 28 2002 - 17:15:41 CDT