Re: Windows of Unix

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 28 Apr 2002 11:21:20 -0700

In article <WwWy8.1540$sh6.205593_at_news20.bellglobal.com>, "d.t." says...

>I recently spoke to a counsellor at a training school about an OCP course.
>He told me that the reason they train on Windows is because most companies
>run Oracle on Windows. That is contrary to what one would find on the web.
>
>Any thoughts?

Yep. I just hope that counsellor knows more about the training than he knows about what companies run Oracle on. Not sure what the percentages are, but I think there's still a clear majority running Oracle on Unix over those running on Windows.

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Sun Apr 28 2002 - 13:21:20 CDT