Re: OCP DBA: Oracle 8i or 9i?

From: Ryan <rkg100_at_erols.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 07:39:54 -0300

you have absolutely no chance of finding a DBA job without prior programming experience in Oracle. Oracle DBA and Oracle Developer(programmer) are two different jobs. There may be 5 entry level DBA jobs(your not junior until you have experience) in the whole country every year and thousands of people competing for them. The training schools scam people.

Getting developer jobs are almost impossible in this economy without a computer science degree. Even with one its hard. There was a guy on here with 30 years programming experience and he cant get an Oracle job. Need I say more?