Re: you ass

From: RSH <RSH_Oracle_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 21:35:50 GMT

That's so cute, I am sorry I missed this one!

It also would be a classic lab exercise for using PL/SQL and Intermedia together.

Ken J. and the DB core group and others would have to create a new function for it, perhaps

DERFEX where derfex(message_buffer) is true

    then...
else

or for finer granualrity

where derfindex(message_buffer) > 50...

:) thanks

RSH.
"B Anderson" <bricklen_at_shaw.ca> wrote in message news:3CCA1ECB.F837EF97@_spammersbuggeroff_shaw.ca...
> Just thinking about this little thread...
> You know, it would be nice if one could just code a bunch of triggers
> into the newsgroup server(s) that immediately filtered the questions,
> and popped up things like:
>
> ::: "Ah, you thought your Oracle version was irrelevant?... How nice.",
> or
> ::: "Oh, you didn't see the 2,660 entries for SYS password?...", and
> ::: "If it's about internal scheduling, yes DBMS_JOB does this." or an
> alert:
> ::: "Break your question 'What's better, Oracle or SQLServer?' down
> into it's tiny gooey bits, then ask more specific questions, like
> "...locking mechanism differences between the two when a ...."
>
> That'd be cool.
>
> Alas, we cannot do this. Maybe some day...
>
> ;-)
>
> Nuno Souto wrote:
> >
> > In article <Wdky8.52184$QC1.3770025_at_bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
> > you said (and I quote):
> >
> > > I am still waiting for a question like:
> > > snip
> >
> > That one deserves framing! Thanks. :)
> >

> > > I am not condoning chewing innocent people up into pieces and spitting
them
> > > up; but I think nearly everyone must admit there is a differenve
between
> > > "what type of screwdriver should I use on a worn bronze slotted wood
screw",
> > > and, "Can someone explain what wood is, build my house, and paint and
> > > furnish it, do the wiring, the roofing, arrange the permits"?
> >
> > Absolutely. What new people have to realize is that most of the folks
> > who hang around here answering questions have done so for YEARS.
> > Voluntarily. Without even a vague semblance of recognition from Oracle
> > or any other "official" organization or group. In fact, quite the
> > opposite has happened. It's only natural that every once in a while we
> > see a "boiled top". And quite frankly: anyone in the Usenet that hasn't
> > yet developed a thick skin is in for a BIG surprise.

> > > me a
> > > monkey at
> >
> > Precisely.

You
> > > don't
> > > skin is
> > > have
> >
> > Hehehe! Took the words off my mouth. Try a sabbatical in one of the
> > soc.culture.* or one of the many *.politics Usenet groups and they'll
> > learn fast to get a thick skin. Then they can come back and not feel
> > offended.

> > > could be
> > > like
RTFM so