How Can I Tell if Our Hardware Can Handle the Load?

From: <vze2b5z7_at_mail.verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 19:55:15 GMT

We want to add database search to our application using a web-based search form.

The search program is a Java servlet which connects to the DB via JDBC. I'm just starting to look at
connection pooling, which (I believe) aims to reduce the connect/disconnect overhead.
Since servicing the request, only takes a second or so, can multiple requests be "funneled" through a connection? Assuming it's feasible, what are the licensing implications of this ?

Here's the functionality I want to implement:

We are running 8i on a 2 year old HP Unix muti-processor box. Received on Sat Apr 27 2002 - 14:55:15 CDT