Re: Assertions Dilemma

From: Jonathan Gennick <listmail_at_gennick.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 15:51:35 -0400

An immediate constraint is one that is checked immediately after a statement executes. A deferred constraint is one that is not checked until you commit your transaction. A deferred foreign-key constraint, for example, will allow you to insert child rows first and the parent row last, and everything will be ok as long as you have it all straight when you commit.

I don't understand the second part of your question.

Jonathan Gennick --- Brighten the corner where you are mailto:jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://Gennick.com * http://MichiganWaterfalls.com * http://ValleySpur.com