How to manage pl/sql source code

From: pjb <post_at_new.message>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 23:48:36 +1000

Can anyone suggest a low effort method of reliably building an application using pl/sql source stored in a code configuration tool (StarTeam).

I want to use pl/sql on a project where all developers are working in their own schemas and use configuration control to share code. I want them to be able to refresh their schemas from configuration control whenever they like. As we are using extreme programming I expect this refresh cycle to occur at least daily for each developer.

My experience is with file oriented languages where I would refresh all of the source in my own file system workspace then use make to build a system. But make generally works by comparing timestamps of source and object files and there are no object files for pl/sql.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Phil Received on Sat Apr 27 2002 - 08:48:36 CDT