Re: Getting Oracle 8i to see the data on a second drive.......

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 07:13:13 +0200

On 26 Apr 2002 15:20:20 -0700, ejohnson_at_milleraa.com (Ed) wrote:

>I am using an HP LC3 netserver and I have a raid 5 already configured
>with Suse Linux 7.2 installed on it. However because of fault
>tolerance I want the data on a second scsi drive which I installed and
>configured. My question how do I get Oracle8i on the raid to see its'
>data on the second scsi drive?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Ed

Oh boy....... This one really deserves a place in the Hall of Fame of this group.
I will try to provide a neutral answer, someone correct me if I go too far.

The first thing to be done, is making sure there is a filesystem on that drive
Secondly you need to mount it in Linux
Thirdly, you need Oracle to make use of it, by creating database files, output, etc.
Now I need to guess I have to recommend you to read

- Unix manuals
- Linux manuals
- Oracle manuals
- all three of them.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Apr 27 2002 - 00:13:13 CDT