Re: Why I too don't like the OCP

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 04:54:59 GMT

Nuno Souto wrote:

> In article <3CC9B286.5FB5_at_yahoo.com>, you said (and I quote):
> >
> > True story from lazydba.com
> >
> > "What does rownum mean?
> > Signed xxx
> > OCP 7,8,8i"
> >

> LOL!
>
> --
> Cheers
> Nuno Souto
> nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam

Sorry to say it but I can name a large number of DBAs. Some that have had that title for 10-20 years that couldn't answer that question.

In many companies Oracle DBAs are just a sub-classification of UNIX sysadmin. What they know how to do is install, backup, create and drop users, export-import, and pray they never have to recover.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Apr 26 2002 - 23:54:59 CDT