Huge memory usage & multiple instances on solaris

From: e pritchett <mightymoonlord_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Apr 2002 10:05:03 -0700

Hi there,
I'm trying to install oracle9i on solaris 8 1 gig memory sun box. When ever it reaches the end of the process, and attempts to create a database, the system slows to a crawl and runs out of memory, giving various errors as a consquence. After cancelling this operation sqlplus will not run and gives odd errors.

I have installed oracle on nt many times and am baffled by these errors. I have tuned the kernel parameters as suggested in the installation document. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Received on Fri Apr 26 2002 - 12:05:03 CDT