Re: Oracle Parallel Server vs RAC

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 26 Apr 2002 07:39:22 -0700

In article <20020426080904.12052.00004380_at_mb-ck.aol.com>, vijayank_at_aol.com says...

>I don't know if this has been answered before. How easy or difficult it is to
>install/configure/maintain RAC compared to OPS ? My management wants to stick
>with 8i and install OPS instead of upgrading to 9i and install RACs. I have
>heard it is much easier to administer RACs, but I don't have any specific
>information. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
>
>TIA
>Vijay

ArghhH! Shoot your management! ARC is MUCH easier to install / configure / maintain than OPS. Unless you have a valid reason to stay with OPS (some 3rd party products are not yet certified on RAC), go for RAC any time!

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Fri Apr 26 2002 - 09:39:22 CDT