Can I Have a 9i RAC and a 9i non-RAC Instance on Same Machine?

From: Roy <rspeaker_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Apr 2002 05:40:59 -0700

I have 2 IBM P680 servers, clustered. Is it possible to have 1 RAC/OPS instance
and 1 non-RAC/non-OPS instance on each server, running at the same time,
assuming I have sufficient CPU & memory resources, and separate the I/O
correctly? Are there any limitations in 8i / 9i / OPS / RAC that would prevent
this?
I would like to have Server A (instance A) and Server B (instance A) in a RAC
or OPS configuration, and Server A (instance B) and Server B (instance B) in a
non-RAC / non-OPS configuration, but running SharePlex / Replication. Is this possible, and if so, is it supported by Oracle?

Thanks.
Roy Speaker
rspeaker_at_yahoo.com Received on Fri Apr 26 2002 - 07:40:59 CDT