Problem with 9.0.1.3 RMAN CONFIGURE Command

From: Klaus Naumann <knaumann_at_gmx-ag.de>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:07:25 +0200

Hi all,

I'm seeing some trouble with RMAN on a 9.0.1.3 DB on a SUN E250 (Solaris 2.6). I'll explain it by example:

First, connect to catalog and to database:

rman target / catalog rman9/***********@rcvcat

This works fine:

Recovery Manager: Release 9.0.1.3.0 - Production

(c) Copyright 2001 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

connected to target database: EDB01 (DBID=2336558208) connected to recovery catalog database

RMAN> Let's look at the stored parameters:

RMAN> show all;

RMAN configuration parameters are:
CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY TO RECOVERY WINDOW OF 21 DAYS; and so on ....

Now I want to change a stored parameter:

RMAN> CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY TO RECOVERY WINDOW OF 14 DAYS; old RMAN configuration parameters:
CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY TO RECOVERY WINDOW OF 21 DAYS; new RMAN configuration parameters:
CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY TO RECOVERY WINDOW OF 14 DAYS; new RMAN configuration parameters are successfully stored

ok, looks good also. But now we're at the problem point. Looking at the parameters again, I can see that it's _not_ changed:

RMAN> show all;

RMAN configuration parameters are:
CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY TO RECOVERY WINDOW OF 21 DAYS; Am I missing something or is this a bug ?

        Thanks, Klaus

--
Klaus Naumann
Database Administration