ODBC and Functions signature

From: Wolfram <ditzer_at_optel-informatik.de>
Date: 26 Apr 2002 01:59:40 -0700

Hi All,

I´m calling pl/SQL functions from ODBC. I have two functions with different signature:

PACKAGE pgtest
BEGIN  function f1(p1 OUT NUMBER) -- Function A   return NUMBER;

 function f1(p1 OUT NUMBER, -- Function B

             p1 OUT NUMBER,)
  return NUMBER;
END: I want to call Function B via ODBC, I´m using the signature with two function parameters. (SQLPrepare, SQLBindParameter, SQLExecute)

Calling function B via ODBC ever fails, it just sees Function A and produces an error due to incorrect signature.

When I switch the sequence of the functions in the PL/SQL package, all runs well!

Does anyone know, why ODBC / PL/SQL acts like this?

Thank you in advance

                         Wolfram