Installing Oracle 8i (8.1.6) on IRIX 6.5 (6.5.15m)

From: Jonathan Dimaano <jonathan.dimaano_at_experian.com>
Date: 25 Apr 2002 08:42:08 -0700

We have two old Octane's (dual 300's) with Irix 6.5.15m loaded. We tried installing Oracle 8i (8.1.6) but kept getting linking errors. It installs everything else fine, however, because of the compile errors, the db or the listener won't come up.

At first we realized the the linking scripts were calling "fec" when the system had "fecc" instead. So we kind'a fixed it by creating a symbolic link "fec" to it. Then we started getting a ton of "warnings" which we are not too concerned about, but have been getting mips3 and mips4 errors. This is where we are stuck right now.

Apparently, when trying to link, it is using mips4 objects when it is expecting mips3 objects (That's what the error says). I haven't the clue of what that means really. Unfortunately, niether SGI or Oracle wouldn't help. And unfortunately for us, there is no Oracle 9i for IRIX since they have ceased development of Oracle for Irix.

Can anyone try to explain to me what we are doing wrong here?

Thanx ...

Jojo Received on Thu Apr 25 2002 - 10:42:08 CDT