Re: Wanted Oracle 7 & 8 CDs for SGI

From: wingedhorse <wingedhorse_at_fly-by-night.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: 25 Apr 2002 02:03:38 -0700

> Sadly these are no longer available from Oracle. Despite having a
> valid user licence.

Yes I realise this.

> The versions you mentioned have been desupported a long time ago. If
> you have a valid user license, have access to Metalink. You have
> simply not paid attention.

I now that the versions are not supported andthat contacting Oracle will not help. Hence posting here to see if anyone still has the installion CD. What is Metalink?

So please stop complaining in this group
> and address your concerns with Oracle, they will tell you exactly the
> same.

Apologies I am not complaining. I am asking how I can get hold of a copy, as we are using the above, and do not have the installaion CD any more. I am way out of my depth here WRT Oracle, familiar with other newsgroups and suggested posting to see if we could track down a copy.

Can no one offer any constructive advice, as we are relying on these versions and yet have no installation disk should problems occur in the future. Apperently upgrading is not appropriate.

cheers

Pip Received on Thu Apr 25 2002 - 04:03:38 CDT