Re: Newbie : Oracle configuring Odbc Connection

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:37:08 +1000

Specifics, please.

How much use do you think it is to be told that "an" error message mentions "service_name"? I can guess what error message you're getting, but I am not (and I doubt few others would either) going to waste a lot of time giving you a lengthy answer for a problem that's been diagnosed from a guess. Oracle errors always have a number and a specific text string. Try quoting that in its entirety.

All I'd say at this stage is that you are making life incredibly complicated for yourself by plunging into ODBC when you haven't already established that basic Net8 is working perfectly normally. Get Net8 right first, and you'll find ODBC very easy.

Regards