Re: Ok let me ask that again - maybe someone intelligent will answer this time

From: <davide_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 07:33:01 GMT

evonbart <evonbart_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> - Create DSNs from my ASP application to my Oracle servers

DSN can't be created from ASP, you have to use a DSN-less connection or create the DSN by hand.

> What are the benefits to leaving my database in Oracle as opposed to
> migrating it to Microsoft SQL Server

When your Transaction Log will explode (note: 'when', not 'if') you'll know.

> connection to my Unix Oracle servers through ODBC (or something

Use the Microsoft ODBC driver, not the one distributed by Oracle, the MS one is much faster.

Davide Received on Thu Apr 25 2002 - 02:33:01 CDT