Newbie : Oracle configuring Odbc Connection

From: Yasmine <y.leroux_at_nospam.actris.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 09:16:35 +0100

I would like to test my application that connect to database using odbc with oracle.

I downloaded oracle 9i and installed on a server (ip:192.0.0.191) I created a database and a table using default parameter,Put some record in the table.

Then, i installed my application on a workstation (ip:192.0.0.116) Then installed Oracle ODBC driver and Oracle Net (using default parameter)

Now i'm trying to connect to my database on the server, and have error in SERVICE_NAME. I think the problem come from Oracle Net.

This is the first time, i "play" with Oracle

If an Oracle Guru can help me, configure the Odbc Connexion it would be great.

Thanks ... Received on Thu Apr 25 2002 - 03:16:35 CDT