Installing 8.1.7 TNS adapters on RH 7.2

From: Mark ONeil <Mark.A.ONeil_at_Dartmouth.EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:14:16 -0400

After several attempts I finally was able to get 8.1.7 to install on RH.

Unfortunately when trying to 'lsnrctl start' I get:  TNS-12541: TNS:no listener
 TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
  TNS-00511: No listener
   Linux Error: 2: No such file or directory

I think there are no adapters installed. There is no orainst directory...

Will installing the client on the same box as the server give me the necessary adapters?

Or (ugh) am I looking at trying the full install again? Or is there a specific jar I can find them in and extract them manually?

regards,
-m Received on Wed Apr 24 2002 - 20:14:16 CDT