Re: select e rollback segment

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:51:39 +1000

> > the query with a SELECT statement use the rollback segment? I execute a
> > query on Oracle 7.3.4 and the programme gave me the error: "snapshoot
too
> > old: rollback segment NAME too small (ORA 01555)"
>
> Use the following command at the beginning of the script ( First line)
>
> SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT <name>;
>
> Thanks

How in Heaven's name is that supposed to help? The original poster is doing a SELECT, not some DML. That select statement needs to retrieve rollback blocks from whatever rollback segment the *original* transactions placed them in. Therefore, your suggestion might or might not be useful for the original transactions, but by the time our poster turns up and starts doing selects, it's way too late.

HJR Received on Wed Apr 24 2002 - 19:51:39 CDT