ASP and Oracle

From: evonbart <evonbart_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Apr 2002 15:49:04 -0700

Hi,

I need information on the different aspects of implimenting a web based application with an existing oracle database server. If I wanted to write my front end in ASP as opposed to Cold Fusion, is the following feasible?

What are the benefits to leaving my database in Oracle as opposed to migrating it to Microsoft SQL Server (besides the simple fact that you all loathe Microsoft). I realize Oracle is seriously powerful and since my company has been heading in that direction for some time, I would like to keep the advantage of all the Oracle knowledge we have.

I'm just hoping someone will write and tell me that I can set up a connection to my Unix Oracle servers through ODBC (or something similar) with as much ease as I can with my MS-SQL servers. This would be HUGE cost savings and prove that Oracle can co-exist with whatever platform we will use in the future. We're trying to push to keep Oracle as a primary tool and any information you can provide would be appreciated very much.

Thanks
Erik Received on Wed Apr 24 2002 - 17:49:04 CDT