Initialisation file riddle

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 20:35:45 GMT

Hi folks,
anyone able to solve this riddle?

(Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 running on Win2K SP2)
If I put the UTL_FILE_DIR parameter inside the initialisation file, the database startup fails.
If I put the same parameter in a separate file like DUMMY.ORA and then I include it (together with the good one) using the IFILE clause, it works fine.

Why ?

Thanks,
Flavio Received on Wed Apr 24 2002 - 15:35:45 CDT