xsu12.zip and related XML questions

From: andrea <andrea_at_andreajohnson.net>
Date: 24 Apr 2002 11:52:25 -0700

I have 2 installs: 8i (8173) on RedHat Linux 7.1 and 8i (8172) on Windows 2K

Can _anybody_ explain to me why these standard installs, and their subsequent patches, differ?

The Linux 8173 does not include catxsu.sql (or the called sql from catxsu.sql), or xsu12.jar...the Win2k install provides me with both.

I've been troubleshooting issues related to Java and XML for weeks. Early on I noticed that indeed I couldn't rebuild the JVM without catxsu.sql. So I copied the .sql from the Windows side--and xsu12.jar also. FINALLY, I have a healthy JVM and, once I changed the default port number in jserv.conf/jserv.properties, java is actually running on the Linux box (despite the libary issues and issues with JDK 1.2.2 and RedHat 7.1).

But the real issue is the app is not returning any XML-called data against the Linux db--the app works against the Win2k db 'out of the box'.

I looked into the XML SQL utility (or whatever Oracle calls it nowadays) and the only download I can find is for 9i--further it seems tied to IAS, which we are not running.

I've come a long way in this mess--but of course unless the app runs, I've failed.

(Just an aside, management at my company has just decided we should deploy with Oracle 8i on Win2k because 'it works'. urgh.

Can anybody out there help me figure this out?

Many thx. Received on Wed Apr 24 2002 - 13:52:25 CDT