Uploading files using the PL/SQL cartridge

From: Dan Kefford <dan_kefford_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Apr 2002 11:27:00 -0700

Greetings all...

I am not able to upload files into the database based on part of the example given in the MetaLink site, note #77573.1.

Here are the versions of software being used:

Oracle8i EE 8.1.6.3
OAS 4.0.8.2.3
AIX 4.3.3 Here is the my source:

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE websys.foobar IS   PROCEDURE upload_form ;
  PROCEDURE upload_data(file_name IN VARCHAR2) ; END foobar ;
/

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY websys.foobar AS

   PROCEDURE upload_form IS
   BEGIN

      htp.hr;
      htp.header(1, 'File Uploading');
      htp.hr;
      htp.formopen(CURL=>'foobar.upload_data',
                   CMETHOD=>'POST',
                   CENCTYPE=>'multipart/form-data');
      htp.tableopen(CBORDER=>'0');
      htp.tablerowopen;
      htp.tabledata('File:');
      htp.tabledata('<INPUT TYPE="FILE" NAME="file_name">');
      htp.tablerowclose;
      htp.tablerowopen;
      htp.tabledata(htf.formsubmit);
      htp.tabledata(htf.formreset);
      htp.tablerowclose;
      htp.tableclose;
      htp.formclose;

   END upload_form ;

   PROCEDURE upload_data(file_name IN VARCHAR2) IS    BEGIN

      htp.htmlopen;
      htp.headopen;
      htp.title('File Uploaded');
      htp.headclose;
      htp.bodyopen;
      htp.header(1, 'Upload Status');
      htp.print('Uploaded successfully');
      htp.bodyclose;
      htp.htmlclose;

    END upload_data ;
END foobar;

I created these objects under WEBSYS, created a public synonym, and made sure our DAD user has execute on the package.

When I attempt to upload a file into the database, the result is simply the 'Uploaded successfully' message, but no record in WEBSYS.OWS_CONTENT. Am I missing something? I thought this was going to be a no-brainer but this has been frustrating me for a full day now.

Thanks in advance,

dan Received on Wed Apr 24 2002 - 13:27:00 CDT