Re: How to reduce number of sessions waiting for event 'file open'?

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Apr 2002 10:12:26 -0700

I asked the same question about a year ago. Someone asked on Metalink how to interpret the P1(fib) and P2 (iov) parameters for this wait event. The answer is those are for internal use. Another article says this wait event is really an OS issue because Oracle just waits for OS to open the file. It suggests tuning BUFHWM and NBUF parameters in /etc/system. Unfortunately tracing the Oracle process doesn't reveal anything. If a hardcore UNIX guy can dig into adb and find the OS kernel wait event based on the wait channel (WCHAN of ps -l output), then the problem may be solved.

Yong Huang
yong321_at_yahoo.com