Re: remove system01.dbf file?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:42:25 +0100

You *can* do either of these things. Then you will have an unusable database.<g>.

However it looks to me (remember I'm most familiar with NT) as if your system tablespace is now the best part of 2gb in size. This strongly suggests to me that you have application data sat in the middle of the oracle data dictionary, this would be what would happen if you did a default installation and took defaults for all the users etc you created. Your best strategy to resolve this situation - if it is indeed the one you find yourself in - is to export your database, recreate from scratch. create users with appropriate default tablespaces (and zero quota on system) and tablespaces with appropriate storage clauses then reimport with ignore=y and indexes=n.Because the user has no quota on system the tables will be recreated in the default tablespace for the user. Then you can recreate the indexes in an appropriate tablespace. Bear in mind that I am assuming a fair few things here based on the size of the system01.dbf datafile.

How much does a Thales Oracle Consultant get charged out at these days?

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA