Re: you ass

From: Mark <markg_at_mymail.co.uk>
Date: 24 Apr 2002 02:36:45 -0700

Someones had a bad day....
Go on, name and shame them! ;-)

Putting my serious hat on for a moment, particularly looking at 'newbies', not everyone knows about Google search facilities etc, believe it or not, people at one time are new to the internet and newsgroups. Back in the day when i started Oracle (approx 1996, damn time flies...) i used Outlook to look at this newsgroup, took me about a YEAR to find Deja News (of which Google took over) and its archived articles. Outlook rarely gets a look-in with me now. So if a newbie comes up and asks which seems like a silly question, think twice before flaming them, they may not necessarily know about all the resources out there. The more experienced Oracle peeps out there should help them learn as well as the newbies taking it upon themselves to learn.

As for smug posts, yes it is annoying and makes the poster look VERY arrogant but then again, if some peeps dont do the obvious and read whats in front of them (ie the manual), you should expect some stick. However, manuals dont say everything and a bit of 'real world' opinions are on order, hence us on this newsgroup(s).

My TPW,