Re: when Oracle9i database supports J2EE 1.3 (or even 1.4)?

From: Cristian Veronesi <veronesic_at_libero.it>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:21:53 +0200

Nuno Souto wrote:

> It's not what we define OC4J as. It may look like an app server,
> but it's also the EJB container service for 9iAS, as in the
> original text from Oracle:

But as far as I understood there is no strict link between OC4J and 9iAS, apart from the fact that they are sold together. OC4J seems to me a stand-alone product, independent from 9iAS (it includes its own webserver that runs on port 8888 by default). At least in iAS release 1, the only possible integration between Oracle HTTPD Server (Apache) and OC4J is via mod_proxy. Am I wrong?