Re: startup problem URGENT pliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiz

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:26:28 +1000

What did you do to your online redo logs? Or to your control file(s)?

Strangely enough, these sort of problems don't just mysteriously appear when the gamma rays are coming in from the North-West and the fourth prime number you thought of happens to be exactly divisible by the wind speed on an alternate Thursday. You actually have to do something to make them happen!

Anyway... that's forensics. As your immediate problem.... I might suggest that you shut down, backup EVERYthing, then simply delete all your online redo logs. Get to mount stage and issue a 'recover until cancel', and then immediately issue a 'cancel'. Then issue an 'alter database open resetlogs'. If it doesn't work, don't fiddle. Delete the entire thing, and restore the backup you took to begin with. Then we can re-think.

Regards