Re: Is sqlplus too slow to unload data?

From: Katherine <ktlang_at_prodigy.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 05:05:27 GMT

could you clarify a couple of things:

1) what sqlloader path are you using? (conventional or direct)
2) do you have any integrity constraints or triggers active?
3) what is your commit point or data saves?
4) are there indexes?
5) are you pre-sorting before insert?
6) did you run an explain plan on the sql statement --- how optimized is it?

a good reference for sqlloader is the utilities manual.